Summer is in full force and my social life has been especially active, as it usually is when the weather warms up. Our monthly book club met at a popup beer garden earlier in the month, which was a lovely change of scenery. I’ll be hosting the next round, when we will be discussing Book of Night by Holly Black. I’m excited to read the debut adult fiction novel and talk about it.
I also met my writing goal halfway through the month – 15k words towards ALOF! I took some time off as a reward, soaking up the sun and riding rollercoasters at Hershey Park. I’ll be writing again in full force for July’s Camp NaNoWriMo.
I didn’t read nearly as much as the last few months but managed to get a few in (when there’s a will, there’s a way). Below are the books I wrapped in June and their Goodreads rating. Be sure to an eye out for my Q2 recap, where I’ll give a more in-depth review of the books I read over the last three months!
- The Push by Ashley Audrain ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Brown Girls by Daphne Palasi Andreades ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Darling Girl by Liz Michalski ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Brighter the Light by Mary Ellen Taylor ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Night Shift by Alex Finlay ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Leave a Reply